This article is specifically for people looking for holistic hemorrhoids treatment options, including natural remedies, surgical procedures and lifestyle changes.
I know that Hemorrhoids (also called hemroids or 'piles') are painful and can be very embarrassing. Though not life threatening, hemorrhoids can cause a lot of discomfort and prevent an individual from carrying out normal routine activities. Fortunately, as you will know from reading the various articles on this website, there are plenty of hemorrhoids treatment options available.
Hemorrhoids Treatment - A Comprehensive View
1. Diet - You diet plays an important role in treating Hemorrhoids:
a. Try to include a lot of fiber in your diet and increase your fluid intake. This helps in treating constipation (a major cause of hemorrhoids), softens the stool and prevents aggravating the condition.
b. Avoid oily and spicy food, as these can increase inflammation and discomfort.
c. Soak figs in warm water and leave them overnight. Eat these on an empty stomach morning and evening. Regular intake of figs keeps the alimentary canal clean and allows easy evacuation of fecal matter.
2. Lifestyle - Modifying your lifestyle is usually the first step in treating and avoiding hemorrhoids:
a. If you are suffering from hemorrhoids try and avoid sitting continuously for long durations. It exerts extra pressure on the hips and increases pain and swelling.
b. Try sitting on soft surfaces, preferably air bags or rubber cushions.
c. It is important to remain active and perform moderate exercises on a regular basis. Exercising helps in strengthening the rectal veins and provides relief from constipation.
d. Do not ignore nature's call. You must have a bowel movement as soon as the urge arises, as controlling or delaying can harden the stool and cause unnecessary strain on the rectal veins.
3. Self-Care - Home remedies are especially beneficial in dealing with the various symptoms associated with hemorrhoids such as itching, pain, bleeding etc. Some of the best natural Hemorrhoids treatments are:
a. Warm Sitz bath - Immersing your buttocks and hip area in warm salt water for 15-20 mins regularly can alleviate pain and swelling, and also repair the damaged rectal veins.
b. Castor Oil - Mix castor oil and mustard oil in equal quantities, and apply it over the affected area. This works as a cooling agent and also reduces inflammation.
c. Garlic - Insert a small clove of garlic (peeled) into your rectum and leave overnight. This works wonders in clearing bacterial infection and reducing the inflammation associated with hemorrhoids.
4. Over-the-Counter Medications - There are a variety of antibiotics, painkillers and ointments available that help in providing symptomatic relief.
a. The creams and ointments contain corticosteroid - a steroid which provides temporary relief from inflammation and pain.
b. Antibiotics are mostly prescribed to treat bacterial infections that might occur as a result of exposed flesh (hemorrhoid) and inflammation.
c. Painkillers or analgesics are used to ease pain and discomfort. However you must remember that these drugs work temporarily and are not a 'permanent' answer for hemorrhoids treatment.
5. Surgery - Sometime the various self-care methods and other treatments fail to do the trick and surgical intervention has to be considered. Simple procedures involve cutting off the blood supply to the hemorrhoidal veins, which causes the hemorrhoids to shrink and fall off on its own. In severe cases, surgical removal of multiple hemorrhoids or large internal hemorrhoids might be necessary.
Choosing the right Hemorrhoids treatment can be confusing, however for maximum relief it is best to adopt a comprehensive approach. Choose a healthy diet, exercise regularly, adopt natural methods and talk to your doctor about the techniques that would help you get rid of this painful and annoying disorder.
Don't suffer any longer. Find out all you need to know about hemorrhoids and read how I eventually found the hemorrhoids treatment that really does work.